K-12 Gifted and Talented Specialist
-Valid Arkansas Teaching License
-Experience in adult learning situations and team problem solving
-Have current knowledge of research and effective practices in the areas of gifted education
-Provide on-site technical assistance, model best practices, observe and coach teachers, support school
districts’ curriculum, professional and leadership development
-Other duties as assigned.
At least 3 years of relevant experience preferred.
Masters degree preferred.
Send both resume and certified application from starfishnw.org to Bryan Law.
Starting Date: Immediately
Position Type: Full-time
ASSOCIATED DEGREE OR EXPERIENCE IN AR MIGRANT EDUCATION PROGRAM PREFERRED. MUST HAVE A VALID DRIVER’S LICENSE.
The recruiter is responsible for assisting with the Identification and Recruitment (ID & R) of migrant students and families in Arkansas. Additionally, this position will work with school districts, agribusiness owners and operators, and community resources to fully identify migrant students as part of a statewide team of recruiters. Accurate eligibility information is gathered through interviews and follow-up communications with families and individuals.
Technology is utilized to complete necessary data entry into the State databases. Regular attendance at local and state assigned professional development is essential.
- Experience working with migrant families, students, or speakers of other languages; Minimum of high school diploma or certificate of equivalency
- Ability to perform data entry using a computer along with strong attention to detail; Ability to communicate and work well with diverse populations, and willingness and ability to adhere to statewide procedures and standards.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish (or other language high in need)
- Identify and recruit migrant students through schools, home interviews, businesses, churches, and communities in the assigned region
- Work in collaboration with school personnel, (counselors, secretaries, etc.) to screen enrollment of new students and follow up with parents to assess family eligibility and family needs
- Obtain training and information to remain current on all Federal and State COE requirements and standards
- Become familiar with Arkansas school districts, communities, processing plants, and agribusinesses in order to continually survey the area for migrant families on an ongoing basis Establish working relationship with other community resources, agencies, and agribusiness personnel
- Work with other State Migrant Recruiters to ensure all new students in the area are being interviewed and assessed for program eligibility
- Attend State and National ID & R training events as required by the State Director; Provide OSY instructional supports in Reading, GED & Life Skills
- Work in collaboration with non-project schools to leave and retrieve surveys as needed; Must support the Migrant Education continuous Improvement Cycle
- Respond to inquiries for the purpose of providing information and/or direction relative to Migrant recruitment. Serve as liaison with a variety of outside and community individuals/agencies for the purpose of conveying and/or receiving information and coordinating Migrant recruitment activities.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The job requires flexible working hours which may include early morning hours, evening hours, and occasional weekend hours. Also involves extensive driving
- Establish contacts and regular visits with agencies and business sites serving migrant families for the purpose of having them identify potentially eligible families. Examples of agencies are health clinics, day-care centers, adult education sites, ESL classes, governmental agencies, farm worker unions, legal aid agencies, and churches. Examples of businesses are Laundromats, stores, movie theaters, restaurants, and shopping malls.
- Perform other duties as assigned in keeping with federal rules, and regulations of the federal programs managed by the department.
- Analyze and evaluate a variety of program related data for the purpose of ensuring that program initiatives and activities meet Federal, State and District objectives relative to Migrant recruitment.
- Other duties as assigned
- Interpret and translate as needed
- Must demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills
- Must maintain strict confidentiality
- Must demonstrate proficiency in ability to produce excellent work as requested by the State Director
- Must assume responsibility for individual professional growth by staying current
- with literature, research, and/or practices
- Must have reliable transportation
- Manages all job duties with mobility, agility, and dexterity
- Daily travel with significant time in a vehicle. Occasional overnight travel, both in and out of state will also be required
- Ability to lift a maximum of 40 pounds
- Work in a noisy environment with many interruptions
- Requires the ability to read and evaluate information on the printed State’s COE form and procedures At least year(s) of relevant experience preferred.
Citizenship, residency or work visa required
Send resume and application to Mr. Bryan Law, Director firstname.lastname@example.org
Classified applications are located on the NWAESC website: starfishnw.org