Full-Time, 240 Day Contract
Starting Date: July 1, 2019
The recruiter is responsible for assisting with the Identification and Recruitment (ID& R) of migrant students and families in Arkansas. Additionally, this position will work with school districts, agribusiness owners and operators, and community resources to fully identify migrant students as part of a statewide team of recruiters. Accurate eligibility information is gathered through interviews and follow-up communications with families and individuals. Technology is utilized to complete necessary data entry into the State databases. Regular attendance at local and state assigned professional development is essential.
Essential Functions: Identify and recruit migrant students through schools, home interviews, businesses, churches, and communities in the assigned region.
- Work in collaboration with school personnel, (counselors, secretaries, etc.) to screen enrollment of new students and follow-up with parents to assess family eligibility and family needs.
- Obtain training and information to remain current on al Federal and state COE requirements and standards.
- Become familiar with Arkansas school districts, communities, processing plants, and agribusinesses in order to continually survey the area for migrant families on an ongoing basis.
- Establish working relationship with other community resources, agencies, and agribusiness personnel.
- Work with other State Migrant Recruiters to ensure all new students in the area are being interviewed an assessed for program eligibility.
- Attend State and National ID & R training events as required by the State Director.
- Provide OSY instructional supports in Reading, GED & Life Skills.
- Work in collaboration with non-project schools to leave and retrieve survey as needed.
- Must support the Migrant Education continuous Improvement Cycle.
- Respond to inquiries for the purpose of providing information and/or direction relative to Migrant recruitment. Serve as a liaison with a variety of outside and community individuals/agencies for the purpose of conveying and/or receiving information and coordinating Migrant recruitment activities.
- Establish contacts and regular visits with agencies and business sites serving migrant families for the purpose of having them identify potentially eligible families. Examples of agencies are health clinics, day-care centers, adult education sites, ESL classes, governmental agencies, farm worker unions, legal aid agencies, and churches. Examples of businesses are Laundromats, stores, movie theaters, restaurants, and shopping malls.
- Analyze and evaluate a variety of program related data for the purpose of ensuring that program initiatives and activities meet Federal, State and District objectives relative to Migrant recruitment.
- Interpret and translate as needed.Physical Requirements:
- Manages all job duties with mobility, agility, and dexterity.
- Daily travel with significant time in a vehicle. Occasional overnight travel, both in and out of state will be required. Must have reliable transportation.
- Ability to life a maximum of 40 pounds.
- Work in a noisy environment with many interruptions.
- Requires the ability to read and evaluate information on the printed States COE form and procedures.
- Experience working with migrant families, students, or speakers of other languages.
- Minimum of high school diploma or certificate of equivalency.
- Ability to perform data entry using a computer along with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate and work well with diverse populations, and willingness and ability to adhere to the statewide procedures and standards.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish (or other language high in need).
- Associate degree or experience in the Arkansas Migrant Education Program.
- The job requires flexible working hours which may include early morning hours, evening hours, and occasional weekend hours. Also involves extensive driving. Must have reliable transportation.
- Associate degree preferred
- Citizenship, residency or work VISA in United States required
Send resume to: email@example.com
The Northwest Arkansas Education Services Cooperative is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by law.
Interested parties should send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. The Northwest Arkansas Education Service Cooperative is an equal opportunity employer.